Welcome to For Love Of Orange, the Blog! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe, so you won't miss anything! I hope you will grab yourself a glass (or cup) of tea (ice-cold & sweet, is the way I like mine) and read thru my day to day ramblings about motherhood, child rearing, homeschooling and just everyday life.
Please leave me a comment, I enjoy hearing what you have to say!
If you have any questions, please send me an email at forloveoforange@gmail.com.
Don't forget to check out my Shop!

Enjoy!

~Amy

2.18.2012

My Children's Love Language...

The other day my sister-in-law was talking about my nieces Love Language over on her Blog. So I thought to myself...self. what are your children's love languages?
So I went on over to 5 Love Languages and sat my two down and gave them the quiz. Here's what I discovered.
Apparently both of my children like getting gifts. I see this as a problem in the future. I want them to know they are loved every single day, but I'm not sure this is the healthiest way. I did notice that their second highest mark, for both of them (Abby's was tied) was Physical Touch. This I love! There is nothing better for me, than to sit and snuggle these precious little angels or give them a big hug and kiss! I love giving them gifts for special occasions and even a "just because", on occasion. But I don't want them growing up thinking that if someone doesn't give them a gift, then that person must not love them.
I'm going to have to give this some more thought. I think I'll trying using some of the other "languages" and see if I can get positive feedback.

Aiden's:
Love Language Scores:
4 Words of Affirmation
2 Quality Time
6 Receiving Gifts
3 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch


Abby's:
Love Language Scores:
1 Words of Affirmation
5 Quality Time
6 Receiving Gifts
2 Acts of Service
6 Physical Touch
 

 *On a side note: my primary love language is "Quality Time".  :)


Love, Play, Joy
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment