Welcome to For Love Of Orange, the Blog! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe, so you won't miss anything! I hope you will grab yourself a glass (or cup) of tea (ice-cold & sweet, is the way I like mine) and read thru my day to day ramblings about motherhood, child rearing, homeschooling and just everyday life.
Please leave me a comment, I enjoy hearing what you have to say!
If you have any questions, please send me an email at forloveoforange@gmail.com.
Don't forget to check out my Shop!

Enjoy!

~Amy

10.14.2014

Spelling Word Practice

I had decided that my son should start writing his spelling words, in hopes that it would help them stick with him a little better. When I was in school, I was required to write my spelling words over and over, every week. So why shouldn't he? I feel like it helped me a lot. And not only will it help with his spelling, it will also help with his penmanship. So I decided to make him a worksheet of all his spelling words, thus far. I was perusing the web for 2nd grade paper templates, when I ran across this website. It has almost everything! As I was looking throught the different paper templates I ran across this! It's a cursive font! But not a frilly cursive font, one that memics the cursive letters we are learning. So why not kill three birds with one stone? Spelling, penmanship and cursive! It's great! So I downloaded the font and created these worksheets in Word (I had to convert them in Publisher to a GIF format to upload here).

As you can see, I put the spelling word in a normal font and color, so he could see them. That way he knew what letters he was writing. Then I used the "School Script Dashed" font and made those a light gray so that he could see them, but that I could see where he traced them. I narrowed my margins so I could get several words on each line. Obvioulsy the smaller the word, the more you'll get per line.
I used them today for the first time. He did great!


No comments:

Post a Comment