Welcome to For Love Of Orange, the Blog! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe, so you won't miss anything! I hope you will grab yourself a glass (or cup) of tea (ice-cold & sweet, is the way I like mine) and read thru my day to day ramblings about motherhood, child rearing, homeschooling and just everyday life.
Please leave me a comment, I enjoy hearing what you have to say!
If you have any questions, please send me an email at forloveoforange@gmail.com.
Don't forget to check out my Shop!

Enjoy!

~Amy

3.21.2012

36 Things You Might Not Know About Me

1. I'm the oldest of 3 (all girls)
2. I come from a fairly large family (20 grandchildren). And I married into a family, almost as big (16 grandchildren)
3. My biggest fear is losing one or both of my children
4. I'm obsessed w kitchen gadgets, but I'm not a big fan of cooking. Just today I bought a knife. Why?? Because it was orange.
5. I'm an organizing freak. I have a list, a file folder, or a notebook for everything
6. I asked my husband out on our 1st date. He's almost 5 years younger than me
7. I change my decor often! I just get bored.
8. I hate clutter
9. I haven't been south on a vacation in over 10 yrs. :-(
10. I had a miscarriage in 2004
11. Was diagnosed w Lupus in 2007
12. I'm a wife of a Volunteer Firefighter (Arrington Volunteer Fire Dept, Arrington TN)
13. I love summer, the water & being tan
14. Math was my best/favorite subject in school
15. I'm strong willed & very opinionated. I just tell it like it is. 
16. I'm also tender hearted
17. I prefer to go barefoot
18. I'm 25 lbs heavier than the day I got married
19. I converted my husband (a Chevy man when we met) to Ford!!
20. In my 20 yrs of driving, I've only owned 4 vehicles (3 were Mustangs (2 GT's))
21. I don't take shit from nobody
22. My daughter is the spitting image of me (she's 3)
23. I've been through a tornado. It happened shortly after I got married. It was the middle of the night and we had to huddle in the bath tub, of the house we were renting, with our new puppy, and a blanket over us. We heard it as it went thru the backyard. It uprooted a huge tree and twisted it up in the chain link fence that surrounded the backyard. So now I'm a little paranoid when it comes to storms, especially those after dark.
24. I have picture frames on my walls with no pictures in them
25. In May 2011, I moved from my 2200 square foot home, in Murfreesboro, that sat on a postage stamp size lot, to a 1300 square foot home, in Franklin, on 3 acres.
26. I like naps. And on the days my children are home, you're likely to find me napping with them.
27. I'm a shoe addict. At one time I owned 6 pairs of tennis shoes. I, at the current, have 13 pairs of flip flops. Just about one in every color. And 20 pairs of shoes/boots. I live in my flip flops. They are the next best thing to going barefoot. ~refer to #17~
28. I have two tattoos (a mustang (the animal, not the car...but it represents the car) on the small of my back & a heart with a rose through it on my ankle)
29. I'd like to get another tattoo (or two)
30. I hate cleaning the kitchen, but I love having a clean kitchen
31. I love that the kitchen window, in my current home, looks out into my backyard. I love standing at the sink and watching my children play!
32. I love the smell of fresh cut grass
33. I love sitting out on the deck, in the evening, with a cold drink, watching my children and talking to my husband.
34. I attended 2 years of college, but I'm 3 credits short of an Associates Degree in Business.
35. I met my husband at a bank, where I was working. ~refer to #6~
36. And I'm a HUGE Tennessee Vols Football fan! OK...OK...that one you knew.
37. OK, so that last one doesn't count. But what you might not know is why I'm such a huge fan...As a child, I spent my fall weekends in Knoxville. My Aunts use to take me (and my sisters, we alternated weekends) to UT Football games! That's why I'm such a HUGE fan. I grew up with it!! It's in my blood. They also would take us to watch the Lady Vols Basketball games when they played Vanderbilt in Nashville. Those were good times!!

I hope that you, now, have a little more insight as to who I am and what I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment