Welcome to For Love Of Orange, the Blog! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe, so you won't miss anything! I hope you will grab yourself a glass (or cup) of tea (ice-cold & sweet, is the way I like mine) and read thru my day to day ramblings about motherhood, child rearing, homeschooling and just everyday life.
Please leave me a comment, I enjoy hearing what you have to say!
If you have any questions, please send me an email at forloveoforange@gmail.com.
Don't forget to check out my Shop!

Enjoy!

~Amy

3.12.2012

Pancake Batter

So the other morning I wanted to make pancakes for my sweet little ones. I always have way to much batter leftover and I hate throwing it out. Then I remembered seeing on Pinterest and other places that people use ketchup bottles to put their batter in. Well, I didn't have any ketchup bottles, but I had those "mustard/ketchup" bottles you can buy at the store. We are huge Guy Fieri fans, so we have these bottles for all of our oils and dressings. And I just so happened to have one more in the cabinet and voila! I mixed up the batter poured it into the bottle and made me some pancakes! I closed the top and put in the fridge. I would say, like any other leftover, it's probably good for about 2 days.  I added an extra splash of milk into the bottle to keep the batter loose.
It made it so much easier to make fun pancake shapes. And no mess at all! I will use it to make waffles next time. I bet that will be wonderful. No drips from the spoon to the iron all over the cabinet. And you can measure it perfectly. So no oozing out the edges.
I used a funnel to get it from my mixing bowl to the bottle. 







No comments:

Post a Comment