Welcome to For Love Of Orange, the Blog! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe, so you won't miss anything! I hope you will grab yourself a glass (or cup) of tea (ice-cold & sweet, is the way I like mine) and read thru my day to day ramblings about motherhood, child rearing, homeschooling and just everyday life.
Please leave me a comment, I enjoy hearing what you have to say!
If you have any questions, please send me an email at forloveoforange@gmail.com.
Don't forget to check out my Shop!

Enjoy!

~Amy

6.22.2012

Our Day at Cheekwood

Last Friday my two sisters and I and 6 children all packed our coolers and headed to Cheekwood to explore the Tree House Exhibit. Our children range from 10 months - 11 years. I had heard about the Tree Houses and had even seen them on TV. So when my sister suggested we go, I was all for it. I knew my two would have a blast (5 & 3).
So, off we went. We got there around 10:30a and it warmed up fast!
We started with the ones farthest away and worked our way back towards the car, for lunch.
There were seven Tree Houses all together. I failed to take a picture of one. Sorry.

1.  The Rainbow Fish
This one was build with a tree right thru the middle of it. It is shaped just like a fish and made of CD's. Yep, CD's. Pretty cool.







2. Ocean of Notions
This one looked like a ball of yarn. No pictures here, this one was way to crowded and too small.



Break #1. Abby spied a waterfall and had to go take a look. The others...followed suit!








3. (This is the one I failed to photograph)
Although it had a kick!@$ slide! Got plenty pictures of the kiddos going down it!



Everybody got in on the action!

4. The Jolly Roger (big hit for my two, especially. They love the show on Disney, Jake and The Nether Land Pirates)






Break #2. Pic-A-Nic Lunch
We found a nice shady area and through out our blanket. So much fun!

#instagram

Hadley, what's in your hand???

Oh! Aunt Em's potato salad. Ok. Was it good??

5.  Conch House
This one, obviously, was shaped like a sea shell!! Equipped with sand and all.


 
 


Break #3. How sweet is this little guy???


 6. The Giver


 
smart guy decided to just walk down this slide (in all fairness, it was pretty small)

this might look like fun, but he was actually pushed. I won't name any names (but it starts with an A and ends with a Y)
7. Walden Treehouse
I don't have pictures of our children, b/c they did this one while the rest of us ate. We sat next to it for lunch.





All and all we had a great time. It did get hot and the kids got a little cranky. But they had fun, and that's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment